Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 10 - Campmeeting


Roxbury Holiness Campmeeting  Monday July 26–Sunday August 8


Campmeeting at Roxbury was a great way to finish my internship. I experienced a lot, learned so much, and developed deeper relationships with friends and family.

For the first week I assisted in cleaning and preparing many areas around the camp. It is great to know that by doing those tasks I was able to help make camp run smoothly. As the time for camp neared I helped the directors in the Sunbeam Center get set up for the week. Once camp started I helped the Jr. High with their morning session and then the Sunbeam Center with the afternoon session.

On the first Saturday I was given charge of the Carnival held for the Sunbeam Center kids. It was a great hands on experience. It was so much fun to facilitate setting up, running, and taking down the Carnival. I have been asked to return next year to run it again, and I look forward to next year.

Overall, Campmeeting was long and exhausting, but it was a wonderful experience and tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment