Saturday, August 23, 2014

Grueling Work

Today, I worked for the Flint Trolley Ice Cream & Cafe.  It was fun, but it required hard work, and I get to do it all over again tomorrow.  I actually enjoy doing the labor.  I'm tired, and I will be more tired after tomorrow, but it is worth it.

One of my absolute favorite times of year is MasterWorks Festival.  For 3 years, I've worked on the Tech Team.  It is grueling.  Five straight weeks of conditions that only the truly insane sign up for.  I love it.

The work seems to never end.  The work requires something from me....it requires everything that I am, and everything that I have in order to be completed.

The intrinsic rewards are incredible.  (And even some extrinsic rewards too).

Faith requires nearly the same amount of work, of attention.  Yet every day, I fail to give God my everything.

So, maybe it takes restructuring my outlook on Faith.

Faith requires work.  Hard work.  Grueling work.  But, I enjoy grueling work.

No comments:

Post a Comment