Friday, August 10, 2012

God has a plan for me? Seriously????

God works in seemingly strange, mysterious, mystical, magical ways that we will probably never understand at all. 

This morning I woke up and showered (like normal) after I showered I wanted to go downstairs and get something to eat.  I wanted to do something while I ate, so I was going to grab my computer and surf the internet.  When I opened my backpack to retrieve my computer, my bible was on top where I had packed it to move my stuff back to Waynesburg.  So, I decided that I should do my devotions before going to get breakfast. 

I turned to the page in my current devotional book and read the title "God Has a Plan for You, and He Wants You to Figure It Out"

Okay, just like Jeremiah 29:11 right? God has a good and perfect plan, got it.  Or so I thought....

(side note: my devotional book provides one verse and then a small page written about it. But as I am a firm believer in discovering the context of verses, I read the whole chapter and then the page written about it)

Later in the day, some events happened and I questioned one of my friends by saying "I am praying but how can I believe that God will do a miracle and make this thing work out?"

Then God blew my mind by pointing me back to the devotional I was not intending to read this morning.


Psalm 16
1 Keep me safe, O God, for in you I take refuge.  
2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing."
3 As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight."  
4 The sorrows of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up their names on my lips.
5 LORD, you have assigned my my portion and my cup;  you have made my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, 10 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.  
11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


WHOA!!!  What the heck? That is not just God encouraging me through Jeremiah "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jer. 29:11)

This is ME declaring that I am claiming that God has a perfect plan and that He WILL act it out in my life.

(claim - verb: to assert or maintain as a fact; to demand by or as by virtue of a right; demand as a right or as due: to claim by inheritance -dictionary.com)

This is ME declaring that I will act. That I will believe God no matter what. That I have and will put God in everything I do that He will always be with me. And that because I have put Him beside me, as my guide, my right hand, I will stand firm in Him. That I will not be shaken.

But it does not stop there. Because I stand firm in Him my heart is glad, my tongue rejoices and I can rest easy.  God will reveal to me the path of life to Him every step of the way day by day.  He will fill me with joy with His presence and there are eternal pleasures in His right hand that He CANNOT wait to give to me and to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment